Mold & Mildew Solutions
Mold can be harmful to human health. This is especially the case when dealing with black mold. Inhaling or ingesting the spores produced by these molds can cause serious health problems including allergic reactions. It is therefore important to have infestations removed from your home as soon as they are confirmed.
To Prevent Mold Growth in Your Home
- Install a basement or crawlspace waterproofing drain tile system to remove water from your home.
- Install a crawlspace vapor barrier system to prevent water coming into your home.
- Keep humidity levels in your home as low as you can—no higher than 50%–all day long. Our EZ Breathe ventilation system will help you keep the level low. Humidity levels change over the course of a season.
- Be sure the air in your home flows freely. Use exhaust fans that vent outside your home in the kitchen and bathroom. Make sure your clothes dryer vents outside your home.
- Fix any leaks in your home’s roof, walls, or plumbing so mold does not have moisture to grow.
- Clean up and dry out your home fully and quickly (within 24–48 hours) after a flood.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before painting. You can buy mold inhibitors at paint and home improvement stores.
- Clean bathrooms with mold-killing products.
- Remove or replace carpets and upholstery that have been soaked and cannot be dried right away. Think about not using carpet in places like bathrooms or basements that may have a lot of moisture.
Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
24/7 Answering Service
Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday: Appointment Only